No dns and server settings

General discussion for 2nd generation TVpad M121

No dns and server settings

Postby cheyanna » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 am

Sorry if this has been asked numerous times before. But I'm not able to find anything from googling or looking at past forum topics.

I have a tv pad connected to router via a d-link bridge. I tried to connect with the automatic network connect and it failed to find network cable. So I have then used manual network connect and inserted all figures as it asks for on the tvpad. The ip and gateway tested normal but the DNS and server tested abnornal.
I don't understand how it can connect to the internet and not connect to the DNS and server.

I have tried putting in some suggested DNS that I found from you-tube videos and from other forums like 0.0.0.0 and 8.8.8.8 but all these have failed.

Could this be the firewall from the router that is blocking this or something else?

Thanks for reading this and I'm very grateful for any help suggested. Thanks again!

cheyanna

Re: No dns and server settings

Postby clubtvpad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 am

are you sure you configure your bridge correctly? Are you able to get to the internet using a laptop connected to the bridge using the bridge as the gateway? To test if it's your bridge problem. Try connecting the tvpad directly to your router instead of using the bridge. If it works then it's a problem with your bridge.

BUY WELTV NOW CLICK here!
TVpad firmware and app downloads: Download page
General TVpad FAQ:Click Here
clubtvpad
Site Admin

Postby cheyanna » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:42 am

Thanks for your help. In the end I had to buy a power line converter and it now connects. Thanks again.

cheyanna

Postby aichau140 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:43 pm

cheyanna

may i know what do your mean about the power line converter?

I get the same problem on today. My tvpad is working normal before. it only happen to me today when i turn off and turn on the tvpad.

when i test the network connection. the ip and gateway tested normal but the dns and server tested abnormal.

Please any suggestion

Thank you

aichau140

Postby clubtvpad » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Manually change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 4.2.2.2

this will most likely fix your problem.

BUY WELTV NOW CLICK here!
TVpad firmware and app downloads: Download page
General TVpad FAQ:Click Here
clubtvpad
Site Admin

Postby jchiu8 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm having a related issue with DNS. I recently switched to Comcast, a cable internet service provider. I used to have DSL from AT&T and it worked fine. But when I tried to go into TV Pad and test the connection, DNS was "abnormal" and the "man" icon on the bottom right is still grey. When trying to launch any app, it gives me the error "user does not exist." I've been trying many times over a couple of days already. I don't believe the servers are down. I'm able to get to the internet on my computers. I'm just wondering if this is a Comcast blocking issue. Wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue before with Comcast as the internet service provider.

thx

jchiu8

Postby Phantoman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:56 pm

What is not clear to me from your story is whether you already tried to change your DNS or not.

If you appreciate the work that the Hacker team is doing, please consider making a small donation.
*** CLICK HERE TO DONATE ***
Phantoman

Return to TVpad2 M233 M121(S)